domingo, 9 de outubro de 2016

Newcastle Jets 1 - 1 Adelaide United

Resultado de imagem para flag australia

NEWCASTLE Jets have drawn 1-1 with Adelaide United in the final A-League match of round one at Hunter Stadium.
Re-live all the action below!

Wayne Brown opened the scoring in the 17th minute when he chipped the ball up to himself and volley past Eugene Galekovic from outside Adelaide’s penalty area.
But Adelaide equalised in the 29th minute when Newcastle goalkeeper Jack Duncan slid in and tackled his own player, which saw the ball roll to Jesse Makarounas outside the area, who struck it home into an empty net.
Newcastle looked like scoring the winner when Devante Clut released Andrew Hoole in the 74th minute.
He chipped the ball over Galekovic to himself, and as he was about to score Socceroo and new Red James Holland made a great interception.
Neither team was able to find a winning goal as the match ended 1-1.

A-League champions Adelaide United begin season with 1-1 draw against Newcastle Jets

A-League champions Adelaide United have started their title defence with a draw on the road at Newcastle, with a new-look Reds side grinding out a 1-1 result at Hunter Stadium.

A-League ladder

After Round 1:
  • Sydney (3 points)
  • Melbourne City (3)
  • Central Coast (1)
  • Perth (1)
  • Adelaide (1)
  • Brisbane (1)
  • Melbourne Victory (1)
  • Newcastle (1)
  • Wellington (0)
  • Western Sydney (0)
Both goals went to club debutants in the opening half, with Newcastle's English signing Wayne Brown scoring with a brilliant volley and former Melbourne Victory player Jesse Makarounas seizing on a goalkeeping error to level the match.
Andrew Nabbout, also on debut for Newcastle, starred on the right wing in a performance that would have pleased new Jets coach Mark Jones.
But the Jets look likely to be without Daniel Mullen, Jason Hoffman and new Finnish striker Aleksandr Kokko in future games, all of whom needed to be substituted through injury.
Adelaide, featuring a side missing five of last season's grand-final winning team, handed debuts to Henrique, Sergi Guardiola, former Socceroo James Holland and Makarounas.
The contest sparked to life after 15 minutes, with Adelaide goalkeeper Eugene Galekovic nearly embarrassed after a clearance was charged down by Kokko and rebounded onto the crossbar.
Newcastle's momentum continued, and a minute later they had the ball in the back of the net.
Brown cleverly dinked the ball between two defenders, before smashing a volley which crashed in off the post from 25 yards.

Round 1 results:

  • Brisbane 1 - 1 Melbourne Victory
  • Wellington 0 - 1 Melbourne City
  • Western Sydney 0 - 4 Sydney
  • Perth 3 - 3 Central Coast
  • Newcastle 1 - 1 Adelaide
Newcastle could have made it 2-0 moments later, but were thwarted by Galekovic, who produced a point-blank save from six yards after Nabbout squared the ball for Andrew Hoole.
Adelaide drew level on the 28-minute mark when Makarounas capitalised on calamitous defending from the Jets.
Daniel Mullen tried to shield the ball as it harmlessly rolled towards goalkeeper Jack Duncan, but Duncan inexplicably went flying in with a slide tackle and took out his team-mate.
The ball fell for Makarounas, who was on hand to side-foot it into an empty net from 20 yards.
Kokko, who had made a bright start to the game for Newcastle, was forced off through injury and replaced by former Brisbane playmaker Devante Clut.
Adelaide's finishing left little to be desired in the opening minutes of the second half, with Sergio Cirio and Henrique wasting chances in the box.
Nabbout then played Clut through, with lively midfielder hitting a powerful drive which forced Galekovic to turn the ball behind for the corner.
Duncan partly redeemed himself for his earlier howler in the 65th minute by acrobatically tipping a Ben Garrucio free kick over the bar.
The Jets were forced into their third injury-related substitution after 72 minutes, when Daniel Mullen injured his knee while making a goal-saving tackle with Henrique through on goal.
Newcastle, who had controlled most of the second half, should have taken the lead minutes later but blew a gilt-edge chance.
Clut played a killer through ball, which Hoole chipped over an on-rushing Galekovic. Hoole ran around the goalkeeper, and with the goal gaping, tried to control the ball instead of taking a first-time shot. James Holland raced back and nicked off his toes before he could score.
The final 10 minutes was frenetic but produced few chances, leaving both sides to settle for a point from their opening match of the season.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário