quinta-feira, 24 de setembro de 2015

INDIAN FOOTBALL - NEWS

Resultado de imagem para FLAG INDIA  Resultado de imagem para indian super league


Indian Super League Exclusive - Didier Zokora: 'I believe FC Pune City can become Champions'



The veteran midfielder claimed it was the best time to pursue an important venture as the ISL for a new challenge in his17-year career, loves the franchise..


Didier Zokora maybe 34 years-old, but as he gets ready to rumble with FC Pune City in the second edition of the Indian Super League (ISL), he espouses the charm of an 18-year-old heading out to play his first professional football match. The former Tottenham and, most recently, Akhisar Belediyespor midfielder is well rigoured in the ambition of finding a new challenge, but the Cote d'Ivorian believes this is the perfect time for him to grace the India. 
"I'm so happy to be here. When I was discussing with the coach (David Platt) and he revealed to me the importance of this challenge, I was really happy. For me it was the best decision to come to FC Pune City. I've come to the ISL to share my experiences with all the Indian players and in that regard I'm really lucky to be here. I'd like to give the best for the franchise," revealed Zokora, exclusively to Goal, in a candid exchange about his new franchise and his reasons for choosing the ISL as his next destinaion. 
"I've played in clubs all over the world like Tottenham Hotspur and Sevilla in my career spanning 17 years and to come here is a challenge I'm looking forward to and I'm happy to be here," he further added. 
Running the rule over Zokora's rather career and the synonymity with the word challenge is conspicuous. Starting his career with ASEC Mimosas in the Ligue 1 of the Ivory Coast in 1999, Zokora traversed accross the strait to Belgian Club Racing Genk at the turn of the millenia, and in 2004 to French Ligue 1 club St. Etienne. After participating in the 2006 World Cup, in Germany, the Abidjan resident earned his career's biggest move to Tottenham Hotspur.
However, three unsuccessful seasons and 134 appearances later, the then 27-year-old migrated to greener pastures at Sevilla in the Spanish La Liga, wherein he won the Copa del Rey in his first season. Two years would fly by and the call was made to have his next challenge at Turkish side Trabzonspor. Now in autumn of his career, the veteran Ivory Coast midfielder is of the opinion that the ISL will only grow as a tournament if cultured carefully, whilst also expressing his love for the Orange and Purple franchise
"I think the ISL is a lot more competitive now than in its inaugural year. You can keep pushing yourself and when you have players like Adrian Mutu and Tuncay Sanli coming to Indian shores it's a great sign as they're well repsected. Within the next two or three years, if the right steps are taken, then the ISL can become like the MLS. I think FC Pune City for me is a fresh challenge and a fresh life. I'm with such a good squad, which consists of talents like Israil (Gurung) and Eugeneson Lyngdoh. I want to fight for the success of this team and give everything," explained the 123 time capped Ivory Coast midfielder. 
Quizzed on the Indian players he's spent time with so far at FC Pune City's base in Turkey, particularly Eugeneson Lyngdoh, Zokora expressed, "Every player is very good, take for example Israil. But Eugeneson is very clever. He has awareness and he will push. I like him a lot. After two or three weeks all the Indian players showed their quality. I don't know about other teams but our Indian players are really good. I'm sure this team can achieve something together. I want to give the best to the best Indian players as well."
With the magnitude and stature of most of FC Pune City's buys, the focus has now shifted to the team's ability to pull out ahead in the race for the title and eventually win it. Zokora himself has no qualms abot the team's ability and stated, "I believe we can be champions at the end of the tournament. I know it's not a prediction but I believe. When I saw the talent in the squad, I knew we could challenge the likes of Chennaiyin, Delhi, Kolkata etc and the first task is to beat them and their players. We are working extremely hard and the preparations  have kept going well. I love this team and I knwow the effort that the Indian players are taking, in front of my eyes. The aim from my side is to set a great example." 
Finally, FC Pune City have a devout support in the Deccan City and when quizzed on the significance of such an army urging them on, the ISL newbie Zokora opined that no matter what the support is it's always important to have 'fun' with them,
"It's important to have great fans who are fun. When you have fun with your fans whilst playing football, it keeps the morale and confidence high. I was very happy when I saw the fans who were lined up outside the airport. I know they will play an important part in keeping us pressing up the table towards new challenges, whilst keeping things fun.I want to give them something special. I want to give them victory."

Indian Super League: FC Goa unveil final squad



Back from their pre-season preparations in Dubai, the Goan franchise owners spoke to the media and unveiled their final squad.
FC Goa officially unveiled their final squad for the Indian Super League (ISL) season two. The Gaurs walked out onto the shining Tilak Maidan ground to strike a pose for the media in attendance and enthusiastic fans alike.
The squad returned home two days ago, after a solid pre-season, losing just one out of four friendly matches. Coach Zico and co-owner Srinivas Dempo were among the absentees. Fans however, were mesmerized at the sight of their footballing idols and representatives in the all important league that kicks off in less than a week’s time.
Speaking to the media assembled, marquee signing and former World Cup winner Lucio suggested that the he is happy with the pre-season paces his squad went through.
“The group is very good, everyone wants to achieve as a team together. Since we started in Dubai, the preparations with team, I believe the team will be good this season and do well this season.” the Brazilian said.
Lucio is among the 10 foreign players snapped up by FC Goa and a majority of them hail from Brazil. Speaking in the absence of his Brazilian coach, Lucio discussed his decision to take up the FC Goa assignment.
“It is a new challenge for me, a new country to play in and I like to play in conditions like this. I spoke to Zico and he told me everything about the league and that made up my mind to come to Goa. He did everything for me to come down and made me comfortable here,” FC Goa’s marquee player said in his characteristic serious tone.
The team's unveiling was also hosted by co-promoter Dattaraj Salgaocar who spoke about the pressure that surrounds the football-crazy state of Goa and the subsequent pressure on the franchise to perform this season.
“The atmosphere and support at the stadium is electrifying and the first three games are at home - that will be a boost. The boys are used to pressure. We were at the bottom at a point of time last season and we rose to finish in the top 3 hence the pressure won’t be a problem” he opined.
The FC Goa co-promoter also elucidated on the decision to sign up Lucio as their marquee player.
“Last year the rules were different. We were given a choice of players and asked to chose from that. We had to choose what was available. Zico was very clear that he wanted Lucio to be our marquee player because he is the best and there is no other better marquee player in the ISL.” he added.
"The whole squad is built around Zico’s formation,” Salgaocar went on to say after Zico had earlier revealed that the former Fenerbahce manager had the good fortune of choosing the players he wanted aboard.
FC Goa begin their ISL endeavour on October 4, against Delhi Dynamos, at the Fatorda Stadium, Goa.


Here's the first look of our squad for season 2 of the ! What are your thoughts?


Boys shaping up well for U-17 World Cup: Bhaichung Bhutia



Indian football icon Baichung Bhutia was all praise for the national U-16 side who have produced an impressive performance in the qualifying round in Iran.
“They have shown a lot of promise and are very hard working. It’s extremely satisfying that the boys qualified, and credit should be given to them,” the former India captain said.
“They lost just one match but did fantastically well against Bahrain and Lebanon that shows that the team is shaping up really well for the Fifa U-17 World Cup in 2017.”
India thrashed Bahrain 5-0 and Lebanon 6-0 in the qualifiers at Tabriz City to finish second in Group E. India get an automatic qualification in the 2016 AFC U-16 Championships as host country but would have otherwise booked a berth on merit as one of the second best placed teams from across the 11 groups.
On the Stephen Constantine-coached senior team, who just have one win and have lost three consecutive matches (1-2 to Oman, 1-2 to Guam and 0-3 to Iran) in the 2018 Fifa World Cup qualifiers, Bhutia said that the Englishman must be given some more time.
“We have to give him (Constantine) some more time. I’ve always maintained priority should be given to the national team and if they play well, football in India will improve.”
Bhutia said India must push the I-League without thinking about merging it with the Indian Super League. “We have to push the I-League. Right now there’s need to have both I-League and ISL together. In terms of standard of play, and the quality of the tournament it’s very difficult to merge ISL right now.
“We have to make sure that I-League is so much of push that it reaches the level of ISL and then we can think of merging the both,” he said.

-----------------------------------------------------------XXXXXX------------------------------

Indians partner with ICSS for second season of Super League

Following a successful collaboration last year, the Qatar-based International Centre for Sport Security (ICSS) has announced it will once again work with the Indian Super League (ISL) to safeguard the integrity of the league for the 2015 season. 

ICSS will provide anti-corruption expertise to advise the ISL on the development of its overall integrity strategy in order to minimise risks of match-fixing and betting fraud.

A tailored betting monitoring system will also be put in place for each match to help identify suspicious betting patterns and manipulation of sports results.

Chris Eaton (pictured), Executive Director of Sport Integrity at the ICSS, said India was a burgeoning sport market and that the new partnership showed the country was taking corruption seriously.

"It is crucial that sport governing bodies show serious and proactive leadership in this area and understand the many threats that now face sport," Eaton said. "I am encouraged that the ISL has identified the possible risks it faces as it continues to grow and has taken steps to develop proper safeguards to deter corrupt and criminal behaviour."


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário