segunda-feira, 30 de março de 2015

PREMIER LEAGUE 2015




Resultado de imagem para premier league     Resultado de imagem para bandeira inglaterra

Mata has not featured for Spain since World Cup win over Australia 


 ‘I look forward to keep contributing and achieving more success’ 
 Why Juan Mata is a matchwinner and not dangerous adornment

The Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata has not given up hope of playing for Spain again.
The 26-year-old has not featured for Spain since a 3-0 triumph over Australia in their final group game at last year’s World Cup in Brazil.
Mata, who has scored 10 goals in 34 appearances since making his Spain debut six years ago, wrote on his blog: “Many of you are asking me these days about the Spanish national team. As I always say, I have been very lucky to play and to win a World Cup and a European Championship, to participate in the most important competitions, but I’m still excited as the first day.
“I am convinced that I’m in a perfect age in my football career and I look forward to keep contributing and achieving more success with my national team. That’s what I work for every day, training and playing to the maximum, trying to do the best I can.
“After that, obviously, the manager is the one who picks the players for every game. So now I take these quiet days to keep working, as I said, but I also switch off and rest a bit.”
Mata, who was voted as United’s player of the month for March by the club supporters, is looking forward to making an impact during the remainder of the campaign.
“I want to thank our fans for the Player of the Month award for March,” he said. “It’s been a month with several key victories and a boost of confidence for the team. As I always say, your support is vital for us! We are in the last stage of the Premiership, with just eight weeks ahead: eight crucial games to determine where we will finally stand on the table.”
Mata has scored seven goals in 25 Premier League appearances this season to help United remain on course for a top-four finish and qualification for next season’s Champions League competition.
“Personally, I think setting our goals game after game is the right thing to do,” the former Chelsea player said. “Trying to win as many of them as possible and keeping the momentum following these two wins versus Tottenham and Liverpool.
“I check the calendar and I see four big games for us in April: Aston Villa, Manchester City, Chelsea and Everton. All of them are big clubs and we want to show that we can beat them, getting close to our goal and also making our fans happy.”

Suarez: It was great to be back at Anfield

Luis Suarez admitted he had missed playing in front of the Anfield crowd after making a return to his former home for the All-Star charity game on Sunday afternoon.
The Uruguayan, who left Liverpool in July last year after netting 82 goals in 133 games for the club, took to the field as a half-time substitute in the special showpiece match.
Accompanied by Fernando Torres, the forward led the line for Steven Gerrard's side as they battled to draw level with Jamie Carragher's team in front of the Kop.
Mario Balotelli and Didier Drogba both hit the back of the net in the first half, before Gerrard pulled one back prior to the interval - and, with the help of Suarez, the skipper was able to fire an equaliser in the game.
Asked if he had missed the Anfield atmosphere, Suarez told Liverpoolfc.com: "Yes, of course, because it's unbelievable, it's amazing for me.
"Everyone who's played for Liverpool knows how important the supporters are. Now they know they are in my heart.
"It's always nice, not just to come back to Anfield, but to come for a great game, for all the players, for the supporters, for the foundation and for Stevie - it was a special game."
Suarez and Torres linked throughout the second half as the Kop sung their names one after the other - and Suarez admitted afterwards it was special for him to play alongside the Spaniard.
"It was great for me," said the 28-year-old. "Four years ago when I arrived here for Liverpool, I crossed my fingers to play with Fernando and he left three days after I signed.
"Today was a great day for all the players, but for me and Fernando it was a great chance to play together."
Suarez was brought down inside the penalty area in front of the Kop in the 68th minute of the game after Carragher felled the tricky striker - and Gerrard scooped the ball before offering it to his former teammate.
"Steven asked me [about taking the penalty] because he's a great person," said Suarez. "He knows it's important when a player comes back after a few months to score a goal, but for me it is not important because the day is for him."
By way of final reflection on an emotional afternoon for the forward, there was just time for a last poser for the Uruguayan, who was asked if he would ever contemplate a return to Anfield.
"You never know [what will happen] in football, but if in the future I play in England again, I play with the Liverpool shirt on and not another shirt," was his response.



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário