terça-feira, 21 de junho de 2016

India - John Johnson signs two year deal with Bengaluru FC

Resultado de imagem para flag india

Shashank Gupta


The English defender was instrumental in the Blues' title winning campaign in the 2015-16 I-League season and has now signed on for two more years...
Bengaluru FC defender John Johnson has signed a two year deal that keeps him in Bengaluru till 2018 at least. His decision to stay with the Blues comes at the end of a fantastic season that saw Bengaluru lift the I-League crown and also reach the quarter finals of the AFC Cup.
The Bengaluru backline was immense all season. The partnership of John Johnson and Curtis Osano ensured that they conceded just 12 goals in 15 games, that is, excluding the final game against Mohun Bagan, in which they conceded five.
Bengaluru FC, who are obviously delighted by the defender’s contract extension, have now found in Johnson and Osano, a defensive partnership that would keep their backline stable in the seasons to come. Mustafa Ghouse, Bengaluru’s COO believes that Johnson is a natural leader and will help the club achieve great things.
“John Johnson has been immense for the club and has been the kind of leader who doesn’t need an armband. We are at a very crucial phase at the club and getting him on board for another two seasons puts us in a very good position. He’s always inspiring the lads on the pitch and is a great character to have in the dressing room, needless to say he’s a fan favourite,” stated Mustafa.
The Englishman was recruited from Northampton town by Ashley Westwood in Bengaluru’s debut season that saw the club lift the league title for the very first time. But, despite Westwood’s departure, Johnson still sees his future at Bengaluru.
For his efforts in the 2015-16 I-League season, Johnson was adjudged ‘Best Defender’ and the Blues’ centre back was over the moon with the contract extension.
“I’m delighted to have signed a new contract. Bengaluru FC is home to me. I’ve enjoyed every minute of the three seasons that I’ve spent here and I still feel I have a lot more to offer and achieve with this team. I’ve personally enjoyed great support from the fans and it’s nice to know I will be seeing them again. It’s going to be an important season ahead and I’m already looking forward to it,” he said.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário