domingo, 26 de julho de 2015

ISL - INDIAN SUPER LEAGUE

Resultado de imagem para BANDEIRA INDIA  Resultado de imagem para INDIAN SUPER LEAGUE


'Not a lot of people get this kind of chance' - Sehnaj Singh


The young midfielder spoke about how excited he was to be called up for the national team...
Mohun Bagan youngster Sehnaj Singh is grateful for the opportunities that have come his way in the past eight months from starring in an I-League-winning team to making his international debut.

That is however not the end of it, as the Punjab lad now is ready to participate in the second edition of the Indian Super League (ISL), after being picked up by Delhi Dynamos.

Describing his rise to stardom, Sehnaj said that his career direction has gone better than he could hope so far.

“It was good for me. I started with Pailan Arrows but it later got disbanded. I then signed for Mumbai Tigers in the second division and then played a few matches for Mumbai FC. After that, I signed for Mohun Bagan and we won the I League. With this I also then got a call into the national team. I felt good,” the budding midfielder recounted to Goal.
When quizzed on what his expectations and future targets were, the promising youngster commented, “Not a lot of people get this kind of chance. I am very lucky. I also got into the Indian national team. So going ahead, my aim will be to perform in any tournament for any team I play.”
Asked on who he sees as his footballing idol, the 21 year-old stated, “I don’t have one as such. But If I have to say - I like the way Sunil Chettri plays.”
The former Pailan Arrows player helped guide Mohun Bagan to their first I-League title since the tournament’s inception in 2007. Singh, who went on to make 18 appearances for the Kolkata based club last season, earned a call up into the national team after immensely impressing at club level. 
“Everyone who gets called up by the national side is very excited. It was my first time and I was a bit shocked. But once I started training, it felt very good.” remarked an elated Sehnaj.
Even though his debut against Oman in the Group D World Cup qualifiers ended in a 2-1 defeat on the day, the former U19 player vowed to make amends in his next match stating, “I could have played better.”
When asked which aspect of his game was lacking in that encounter, Singh reflected, “However I played that day, I could have done a lot better. I was expecting a lot from myself, but couldn’t end up giving a lot.”
The dynamic midfielder who hails from Chandigarh, Punjab will now ply under the legendary Roberto Carlos come November.

With the upcoming tournament being his first, an excited Singh commented, “The ISL was a huge hit last season. Initially, many did not see this tournament succeeding, but eventually it drew a lot of fans. Even this year, everyone expects this edition to be better. Everyone learns a lot here and when you have excellent players coming in, one will learn a lot.”

Extra Time: Mumbai City FC presents 2000 raincoats to 

Mumbai traffic police



The Ranbir Kapoor co-owned Indian Super League (ISL) club paid their respects to the law-keepers of Mumbai....


With the city having seen an unprecedented amount of rainfall in recent times, Mumbai City FC owner, Ranbir Kapoor today presented 2000 raincoats to the Mumbai traffic police, acknowledging their service and dedication towards the city in creating congestion free roads
.
The raincoats were presented to Mr. Milind Bharambe, Joint Commissioner of Police – Mumbai to help protect the traffic police against the heavy downpour and help them perform their duty with ease.
On this occasion Ranbir Kapoor, Owner, Mumbai City FC said that, “I have always mentioned that this club is for the people of Mumbai and this is a small token of appreciation to Mumbai’s traffic police. They work tirelessly day and night, weekdays and weekends; and sometimes, we all tend to take them for granted. On behalf of Mumbai City FC, I would like to thank Commissioner Milind Bharambe and his entire staff for the crucial function they perform.”
Mr. Milind Bharambe, Joint Commissioner of Police – Mumbai, said that, “The Mumbai Traffic police appreciate the gesture shown by Mumbai City Football Club and we wish Ranbir Kapoor and his team good luck for the upcoming season.”

Wadoo: 'I'm going to put my best foot forward and hope t

o win the ISL'



The experienced campaigner had a stint in Pune in the inaugural season of the ISL and hopes he can take Chennaiyin to the ISL trophy this time...
Mehrajuddin Wadoo is a household name in his native Kashmir, but it is in the southern state of Tamil Nadu that he hopes to establish and equally venerable fan following. The 5’11” centre-back recently signed on with the Indian Super League (ISL) franchise Chennaiyin FC and will represent the Blues in the second season of the ISL, following his stint with FC Pune City in season one.
Wadoo played for the Lions of Pune, Bharat FC in their 2014-15 I-League season, ahead of his move to MS Dhoni co-owned side, earlier this year.
“Well, it’s a good team. Last year, at one point, it seemed like they were going to be the champions but somehow they couldn’t make it. This year, they almost have the same squad and I’m going to put my best foot forward and, hopefully, win the league,” responded a clearly enthusiastic Wadoo, on his upcoming tryst with the Macchans of Chennai, to the ISL's official website.
Asked about the impact players like Elano Blumer, who is the marquee for the Chennaiyin squad, will elave upon, the 31-year-old explained, “Well, I think they’re big players (Bernard Mendy and Elano) and playing with them would be just great. Hopefully, I’ll learn a number of things from them. Elano was fantastic last year and I’m looking forward to a great season with him. And what can I say about Materazzi!”
With regards to his stay in the Deccan, with FC Pune City, for whom he made 10 appearances (8 starts), the experienced defender gushed, “It was a great season. I learned so many things from so many players. The atmosphere was good and I got to play with players I’ve always dreamed of playing with. Overall, a very good experience and I have a lot of lovely memories to take with me.”
Finally, Wadoo had words of praise for fellow professionals who participated in the ISL last season, stating, “I think Arindam (Bhattacharya) was great under the bar. John Stiven Mendoza, too, was amazing - the way he played - his running with the ball and he also scored goals.”



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário